On-demand videos of all conference sessions coming soon.
Wednesday 2nd June 2021
Conference Chair: Chris Long
Opening Remarks & Keynote Addresses
1. Seong-Kyu HWANG, Vice Minister, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT)
2. Chang-Wan SON, CEO, Korea Airports Corporation (KAC)
3. Blair Cowles, Asia-Pacific Regional Director of Safety and Flight Operations, IATA
Session 1 – Collecting and Using DATA
We look at the Pilot Demand in Asia, and the research and collection of Big Data used to refine training by applying EBTA techniques.
1. Chris Ranganathan, Chief Learning Officer, CAE
Pilot Demand in Asia and the Use of Data
2. Dr. James Klinect, Founder & CEO, The LOSA Collaborative
LOSA as an EBT/CBTA Curriculum Builder and Effectiveness Measure
3. Captain Chun, A350 Captain, Flight Crew Training & Development, Asiana Airlines
Airlines’ EBT Implementation Guide
Session 2 – A Universal Tool – AR/VR? The Challenges of a UAM Solution
Is AR/VR the answer for training? What does operating a UAM system look like?
1. Mi-Ae Lee, Vice President of Strategy and Planning Department, Korea Airports Corporation (KAC)
Current Status of UAM Business in South Korea
2. Mark Dransfield, Founder, Sim Ops
Pros & Cons of Adopting VR/XR Technology in Flight Training
3. Arnaud Lozahic, Senior Expert – Flight Crew Training FSTD, Flight Standards Directors, EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency)
Qualifying VR-Based FSTDs
4. Bo Bennekov, CEO/Founder, Bolverk XR
Learning Better Using Motoric Memory and Repetition
Session 3 – Post-Covid Training for Flight Crews
Readying crews for return to service post-Covid.
1. Bo Bennekov, CEO/Founder, Bolverk XR
VR Training for Cabin Crew
2. Nicolai Bondo Rasmussen, Head of Training, Sunclass Airlines
Virtual Pilot Refresher Training
3. Captain David Swarbrick, Deputy Standards Training Manager, Emirates
Mitigating the Effect of the Pandemic on our Operation
Session 4 – Complete Sequence of Ab Initio Pilot Training
What does the complete training sequence for an ab initio pilot look like using the latest technology/processes?
1. Richard Brecknell, Technical Director, Symbiotics Ltd.
Joined-up Assessment in a Disjointed World – Effective and Robust Remote Selection and Assessment
2. Colin Rydon, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Pilot Flight Academy
New Model of Ab Initio Pilot Training
3. Captain Mark Slade, Chief MCCI Instructor, Captain Gerry Humphreys, Deputy Head of Training & Captain Richard Macilwraith, Deputy Head of APS MCC, Atlantic Flight Training Academy
A Precision Approach: Bridging the Gap